It is fairly true that there are tons of tools and software available to create a bootable installation media for Windows as well as Linux operating systems. PowerISO, UltraISO, AnyBurn, Nero Burning ROM, Rufus are some popular media creation tools and software to create a bootable USB or DVDs. Though some of them are free (open source) and some are premium to create an installation media to reinstall Windows and Linux as well.
Moreover, our modern operating systems have built-in and powerful media creation options, but technically speaking, they are not so easy to use to create a bootable installation media.
The traditional ways to reinstall the operating system with CDs and DVDs seem out of fashion now, which are full of a headache to burn and also need an additional CD/DVD drive hardware. USB drives are in full swing to reinstall corrupted, virus-infected or laggy operating systems in a hassle-free way.
But creating a bootable USB on Android is a much faster and more secure way than other conventional methods in case you don’t have your own computer. For this, there are some apps available on Google Play Store which allow you to create a bootable USB drive in a few minutes. However, ISO 2 USB is one of the best and it does not require root permission to create a bootable installation media drive.
The ISO 2 USB is free to download but it is supported by ads. This application is very straightforward to use and the ads aren’t interrupting while interacting with it.
If you’re interested in learning how to create a bootable USB stick on Android, then you should meet some of its requirements.
Requirements: (ISO 2 USB app)
1. Your phone should be OTG supported.
2. OTG connector to connect USB with mobile.
3. The Pendrive/USB drive’s storage size should be double the size of the ISO file.
4. There should be an ISO file in the internal memory of the phone for the best results.
5. The ISO 2 USB app should be installed on your device. You can download it via Google Play Store.
6. Turn off the internet to avoid annoying ads and pop-ups.
How to Create a Bootable Pendrive on Android with ISO 2 USB
Follow these steps to create a bootable pendrive with ISO 2 USB on Android:
1. Plugin the USB stick with the USB adapter on your phone.
2. Fire up the ISO 2 USB app on your device.
3. Now tap on the PICK button beside the Pick USB Pendrive option to select the USB drive you have inserted.
4. After this, tap on the PICK button beside the Pick ISO File to select the ISO file and navigate to the folder or storage where you have the ISO file. Now tap on the OK button after selecting the ISO file.
5. Check the Format USB Drive box before hitting the start button.
6. Finally, hit the start button to begin writing the ISO file on the USB stick. You will see a pop-up Formatting will erase all files on this disk on hitting the start button. It is advisable that you should take a backup of your important files before tapping on the OK option.
Once the process starts, it may take about 10 to 20 minutes or more, depending on the size of the ISO file that is being written on the USB stick. Whenever you create a bootable USB stick with ISO 2 USB, I would like to suggest turning off the internet.
Moreover, don’t switch or move away from the app while the ISO file is being written, it may cause the end of the operation. In a nutshell, let the application run as it is, otherwise you would have to restart the whole process from scratch. On finishing the copying the ISO files on the USB stick, you can safely remove the USB drive.
After successfully burning the ISO file on your USB stick, you can connect it to your PC and boot from it to install a new operating system.
So this was all about how to create a bootable Pendrive on the android phone still, if you have any doubts you can drop your queries below in the comment box.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help to spread it to your friends and family members or share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Linkedin and Instagram.
To watch our tech videos, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Yashraj Solutions